Petty Cash is used in circumstances where the normal procurement facilities are not appropriate. This is typically because the items required are minor and (perhaps) there is some degree of urgency involved.
A decision to apply for a float should not result from a one-off circumstance. To qualify for a float, anticipated payments must be both regular and frequent. This is especially a requirement on the Hollins Park site where the ad hoc requirements of a ward or department could quite easily be accommodated via the main cash float held in the General Office.
- Cash, valuables and property form - this is to record ward based patient retained cash and valuables
- Petty cash claim form - this should be completed when claiming petty cash
- Petty cash disclaimer form - this should be completed when requesting petty cash
- Petty cash handover form - this should be completed at petty cash handover to note any discrepancies
- Petty cash payment voucher - this should be completed when requesting petty cash
- Petty cash property log - this is a log for ward based patient retained property
- Petty cash protocol and procedures
- Petty cash reimbursement form - this should be completed when requesting a petty cash reimbursement