Service/ practice evaluations are designed and conducted to appraise the effectiveness or efficiency of an individual service with the intention of providing information to inform local decision making.
Evaluation of existing and new services helps North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust:
- Improve services and outcomes
- Determine value and effectivness
- Make informed decisions regarding services and care
Service Evaluation Governance Process
Step 1: Service evaluation idea identified and discussed with appropriate service manager to consider appropriateness, benefits and resource requirements
Step 2: Consider whether the project is service evaluation activity rather than research or clinical audit.
- Is your project evaluating the effectiveness and/or efficiency of your current practice or service?
- Is your project evaluating the effectiveness and/or efficiency of an educational programme?
- Is your project comparing the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a new evidence based (robust published evidence) practice with your current practice or service?
- Is your project collecting and analysing service user/ staff / carer data to evaluate patterns of activity?
- Is the purpose of your project to provide information of local relevance to inform local decision-making?
- Will your project provide information for making clinical decisions about the care or management of your service user(s)?
Step 3: Develop evaluation proposal and relevant supporting documents e.g. participant information sheets, informed consent forms
Step 4: Complete and submit the service evaluation registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and registration
NOTE EVALUATIONS WILL NOT BE REGISTERED WITHOUT CONFIRMATION OF MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
When the service evaluation has been reviewed and registered a confirmation email will be sent and the project may commence.